from 2016, till 2019 I visited Doha almost four times!
simply, while i had long transit i applied for city tour on their counter near gate A4
its not guarantee to get Qatar transit visa, its individual decision by the qatar immigration!
so if you have a transit for like 6 hours, you can try your luck for city tour, it will cost you around $20.
the city tour bus will take you on a tour bus around some highlights of the city including: Katara, The Pearl, Museum of Islamic Art and around 45 minutes free walk in Souq Waqif. in total the city tour will last for around 2.5 - 3 hours.
kindly check their official website for time table, remember you cant book online, its first show first serve:
if you book early with qatar airways, you can apply for transit visa online, by making a layover in doha! only if both your flights are with qatar airways.
for up to date information kindly check their official website:
January 2023 UPDATE
The Ministry of Interior of QATAR announced the validity extension of the Hayya Card for fans and organizers. The cardholders will be allowed to enter the State of Qatar until 24 January 2024 as per the specified conditions.
These are the requirements:
- Proof of a confirmed hotel reservation or accomodation with family or friends approved through the Hayya portal.
- A passport must be valid for no less than three months upon arrival in the State of Qatar.
- Obtaining health insurance during the period of stay in the country.
- A return ticket
Based on this extension, all Hayya Card holders visiting Qatar will have access to the following:
- The 'Hayya with Me' feature' which allows Hayya Card holders to invite up to three family members or friends
- A multiple-entry permit to the State
- Use of the e-Gate system for entry and exit via State ports
- No fees are required